Here they are. I guess I was in a striped sock mood.
The monkey, who my lovely husband named Mango, is made from a pair of socks I got at the sock outlet store. Some of the socks from there were good, but some "run" when you poke holes for eyes or a nose. That's not good. The hole grows and grows. If you are lucky, the eye and backing snap together quickly enough to stem the run. It's a pain trying to do it though. I couldn't get the nose for this on quickly enough and ended up needing to use a felt nose in order to repair it.
The snakes are from socks purchased at Joann's. They're not really heavy, but are solidly construction and easy to work with. I think I just need to avoid the really cheap socks. BTW, the snakes are names Echidna and Cecrops in honor of the mythological Greek creatures that were also kind of snaky.
So that finishes the challenge! It's late, but I did it! Here's a group shot of all the little monsters. What a rag-tag looking bunch! Lessons learned: make sure the sock material is worth all the work and make the challenges much, much smaller in the future.