Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 8 Goal Complete and Not Bad If I Do Say So Myself

It is not even 11 a.m.,  and I have completed the day's creature!  I think it's a record.   I am pretty happy about "it" because I don't know what to call some of the parts when describing it.  Hair or tentacles?  Nose, mouth, or something else?  That's a good thing when going for a creature.

I must admit that originally there were to be three legs just as there are three things on the top of the head.  I tried to eyeball this rather than to measure as I did the head piece.  I ended up with two fatter legs and one very thin one.  I am obsessed with symmetry.  That third skinny leg would have had to go in the middle.  With the third leg looking quite different than the other two, I feared it might be misinterpreted as being some other body part that often holds that place in the anatomy.  I decided to use it as a navel, but  it was still a little too close and open to misinterpretation.  After the debacles with the two face creatures, I am intently trying to keep the bawdy level down.  I finally settled for placing it higher up which seems to have eliminated the problem.   

Between my old camera and the fact that the "things on top of the head fall to the back or sides, it was hard to get a good picture.  In any case, here it is.  I think the third leg problem becomes more obvious here.

I'm going to have to think a while about a name for this one.  (Update:  He has been named Bob--Bob the Blob) 

Major lesson from today's work:  invest in some black stuffing.  Those legs didn't turn out as well with white stuffing.  Another piece of information:  don't use those tiny safety eyes with knits if it can be avoided.  It is difficult to poke a hole large enough for the eye stem and small enough to be  covered by the actual eye part.

No comments:

Post a Comment